发信人: TrueStory (不是幸福的坑不挖), 信区: Immigration
标 题: EB1B TSC PP Approved @ 6th day. Send out 176 (一起绿) baozi!
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Thu Oct 20 01:33:38 2011, 美东)
I have about 162 baozi so far. I will send out 176 baozi after I get enough
wb in the hope that we will 一起绿. Donation is strongly welcome and
sincerely appreciated to help me reach my goal soon! :-)
Major: EECS, and my projects are very mixed. I used a big word to cover them
Paper: Good or bad; journals, book chapter or proceedings: count to 29. I
didn't separate them.
Citations: This is my weakest point. With everything, it counts a bit over
100, but there are lots of self-citations by all my co-authors. I didn't
separate them, but rather printed out each independent citing papers' 1st
page, citing page and last page.
Reviews: 60+ for 12 journals and 9 conferences, with a couple of TPCs, topic
References: 7, with 5 independent ones (3 outside of US), 1 from current
boss, and 1 from adviser. Out of the 7, 3 are Chinese (2 in US, and 1 in
EICs and Conference General Chair's review verification letters: 4 or 5?
only from the ones I have reviewed a lot.
Claimed judge work, contribution, and authorship.
EB1B paper filing to TSC with PP.
Package delivered on 10/13 in the morning
receipt date on 10/14
lawyer updated me with the receipt number on 10/16
approved on 10/19 with email notice at 8:30PM EST.
I used a lawyer, who is very helpful to guide me on what documents to
collect, and I have learned a lot on the differences between EB1A and EB1B.
(1) EB1A needs to claim 3 items, EB1B needs only 2. EB1A needs to show the
individual as extraordinary and his impact needs to be sustainable. EB1B
needs to show the applicant's international reputation and the usefulness of
(2) The impact of one's work is the major thing that needs to be shown with
evidence. In the order of usefulness, such evidences are (2.1) commercial
products that used this work; (2.2) a method that many people have adopted
for either commercial or academic purpose, (2.3) an idea that inspired other
's work that leads to publications (namely, citations). My lawyer told me
not to get any references that have not cited my papers. Of course, if there
're no above-mentioned references, those irrelevant independent ones are
better than none.
I have been watering a lot on this board. Below is a collection of my
(1) The first step: believe that I can have a green card!
(2) Intro to the forms:
(3) Kazarian or two step adjudication history:
(4) What is that 3-year requirement on work experience for EB1B?
(5) My projects are too different, so what?
(6) What kind of references are good? or whom should I ask for letters?
(7) Should I ask the references first or draft the letters first?
(8) How to remind the references
(9) Is attending conferences helping green card application? (perhaps the
effect is not so immediate, though)
(10) Received emails to ask questions or ask for code are also useful
(11) Is CV needed? But I did hear some other people treat CV as a condensed
PL, that shouldn't hurt.
(12) It's better not to mention minor awards or minor media reports
(13) Sigma-Xi is now useless:
(14) Employment verification letter for 140 and 485 should have different
(15) PP: possibly a good trade-off between time and hassle
(16) How to respond to a RFE case:
(17) EB1A critical role RFE response
(18) What does a bad lawyer look like? A very sad case (how funny this
lawyer again put out an ad tonight):
Another sad case of using a bad lawyer
Do I need a lawyer?
What do lawyers do? How many kinds of lawyers are there?
How to find a lawyer
(19) Liu Law's numerical metric. I didn't use him, but I liked his detail-
(20) Should singles file 485 or wait?
※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 65.96.]